A fan favorite around the world for magical editables seems to be Gummies! We are seeing people making everything from gummy bears to gummy worms to gummy anything! Dispensaries in legal states have created batches of gummies from different marijuana strains and potancies. It has become a gummy world. They are hot adult party treats that help set the mood of your gathering in no time. It has also never been easier to make these awesome editables right in your own home.
So now anyone with some high grade botanicals and with little bit of effort you can create one of the hottest editables out there. Let’s review this great recipe and instructional video by the good people over at MagicalButter.com.
If you need a Magical Butter Machine or want to learn more check out our You will need a Magical Butter Machine page.
- ¾-1 cup/180-240 ml Magical Tincture
- 12 ounces/340 g Gelatin (Flavored)
- 2½ ounces/70 g Gelatin (Unflavored)
- 1 cup/240 ml Fruit Juice (Chilled)
- ¼ cup/60 ml (for Step 2) plus 2 tablespoons/30 ml (for Step 5) honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml Tart & Sour or Citric Acid Powder
- ½ tablespoon/7½ ml Flavor Extract
A breakdown of the items with information / examples are below.
Listed below is also a list of non consumable items needed.
Ingredients / Consumables
¾-1 cup / 180-240 ml MagicalButter Tincture
During the process the tincture will be reduced down to oil. This oil will be used to magic up the gummies.
This Tincture is the “Magic” ingredient. If you have not already made your tincture using the Magical Butter machine you can learn how to make tincture out of your botanicals of choice here (Making MagicalButter Tincture).
12 ounces/340 g (4 packages of 3 ounces/85g each) Flavored Gelatin
Flavor depends on your preference. Some people have split the batch up into multiple flavors or made multiple batches. Below a list of some popular flavors.
- Jolly Rancher Jello: 1 Green Apple, 1 Cherry, 1 Watermelon, 1 Blue Raspberry, 2.79oz Box (Pack of 4)
- Simple Mixes Natural Strawberry Gelatin Mix, 3.0 oz (Pack of 6)
- Simple Mixes Natural Orange Gelatin Mix, 3.0 oz (Pack of 6)
- Simple Mixes Natural Lime Gelatin Mix, 3.0 oz (Pack of 6)
- Simple Mixes Variety Gelatin Pack (Pack of 6)
- Jell-O Gelatin Sampler (Pack of 15 Different Flavors 3oz Box)
1 cup/240 ml Chilled Fruit Juice
Chilled fruit juice of your flavor preference.
¼ cup/60 ml (for Step 2) & 2 tablespoons/30 ml (for Step 5) honey or agave nectar
Below is a list of popular Honey & Agave items.
1 tablespoon/15 ml Tart & Sour or Citric Acid Powder
Below of is a list of popular Tart & Sour and Citric Acid Powder Items.
½ tablespoon/7½ ml Flavor Extract
Below if a list of popular flavor extract items.
Kitchen Supplies / Reusables
Sauté Pan is best used due to its straight sides design. It helps reduce any splashing or spilling out of the mixture. The mixture is flammable please be sure to use a large enough pan for your batch size.
If you need to purchase a pan please browse the below list for ideas or to purchase.
Butter Molds (Optional)
This is optional. You can keep your butter in the container you strain into if you want, however some people like to mold the butter back into sticks or patties for easy measurement latter.
This is an item in most kitchens already. However below are some ideas / options if you need to get one.
- Wired Whisk Silicone Whisk Set of 3 – Stainless Steel & Silicone Kitchen Utensils for Blending, Whisking, Beating & Stirring – (Blue: 12-inch, Red: 10-inch & Green: 8.5-inch)
- Set of 3 Stainless Steel Whisk 8″+10″+12″, Kitchen Balloon Hand Stainless Whisk Set for Blending Whisking Beating Stirring by Ouddy
- Whisk – Search Results
Gummy (Candy) Molds
- Candy Silicone Molds & Ice Cube Trays, SENHAI 3 Pack Gumdrop Jelly Molds, Chocolate Molds, Gummy Bear Candy Molds – Bear
- 4 Pack Premium Gummy Bear Mold & Hearts, Stars & Shells Silicone Molds + Dropper and gummy Recipe included ✮ Make Gummy, Chocolate, Flavored Ice and everything you want! The best quality silicone
- Gummy Molds – Search Results
Dry Measuring Cups
Dry measuring cups are used to measure dry goods. The measuring cup varies from a liquid measuring cup that is used to measure liquid goods. It is a common item in most kitchens. However if you are in need of a set here are some ideas or options.
These instructions are by the good people over at MagicalButter.com.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the gelatins and citric acid together.
- Separately, stir ¼ cup/60 ml honey or agave together with the chilled fruit juice; then, whisk it into the gelatin until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Set the gelatin mixture aside to soften, or “bloom”, while you reduce your tincture.
- In a large, non-stick sauté pan on low heat, reduce your tincture until almost all the alcohol has evaporated, creating concentrated Magical Oil. It should look like molasses.
- Add flavor extract, 2 tablespoons/30 ml of honey or agave, and swirl the pan in a circular motion until the oil mix again resembles molasses; then add the gelatin mixture.
- Whisk the gelatin mix into the pan with the MBO mix, and begin to simmer the gummy cannfection over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly for 7-10 minutes, or until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Using a large measuring cup with a pour spout, transfer the mixture into your molds, and refrigerate them for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove your Magical Gummies from the molds, serve, and enjoy! They’re so tasty and fun…you’ll barely be able to bear it!!
Storage: Gummies should be refrigerated for storage. When properly stored they should keep for up to 2 months.
When using botanicals such as marijuana please consume responsibly. Be sure to test your batches by consuming a smaller / partial serving. This will help you identify its potency. In addition label your stored Gummies so you will not forget the potency. Keep out of children’s reach at all times.