Apple pie recipes are an American favorite! This old-fashioned homemade apple pie recipe produces a flaky pastry crust and juicy apple filling.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
Serving size: 1 slice
Yield: 16 servings
Apple Pie Crust
4 cups ap flour
1 cup Magical Olive Oil
½ cup whole milk1
1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
Apple Pie Filling
6-7 cups Granny Smith apples sliced
⅔ cup Brown sugar
4 tablespoons Magical Butter
3 tablespoons organic AP flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg mix together put in pie crust
1 tablespoon lemon juice
How-to make apple pie crust
1) In a medium bowl, add flour and salt and mix thoroughly.
2) Mix oil and milk, then add to flour and mix until smooth. It may look a little oily, but don’t worry. Do not worry about overworking the dough.
3) Cut the dough in half, and roll them into disks.
4) Cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. It will keep in the fridge for 3 days, and in the freezer for 3 months.
How-to make apple pie filling
1) Peel, core, and slice the apples, and put them into a large bowl.
2) Add the lemon juice on the apples while you’re slicing so they don’t turn brown.
3) Now add the brown sugar, flour, and spices and mix thoroughly.
How to assemble and cook apple pie:
1) Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2) Take 4 sheets or parchment or wax paper, and place each pie crust dough on a piece of paper and top with the other piece paper.
3) Evenly roll each dough into a circular shape until they’re about 1/4-inch thick. The dough should reach the factory edges of the paper, and be bigger than your 9-in round pie dish.
4) Line the bottom crusts over your pie dish, and trim the edges. This dough is very forgiving, so don’t be afraid to work with it if needed.
5) Fill with your apple mixture, dot the top of the apples with the butter.
6) Roll the top crust so that it fits over the pie.
7) Trim the edges, press to seal and flute or fork edges.
8) Loosely cover the edges with the aluminum foil.
9) Cut slits in the top of the crust and place into the middle of your oven and bake 25 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
10) Let cool on a wire rack, and serve either warm or room temperature.
11) Cut into 16 slices, and enjoy!
DON’T BE LEFT IN THE.. UM.. SMOKE. JOIN US!
Subscribe for more HERB! http://youtube.com/herbvideo
For more , visit Herb.co: http://herb.co
Follow HERB on