Apple pie pockets take the mess out of traditional apple pie and are a great way to make individual apple pie servings portable. Click ‘SHOW MORE’ for recipe instructions.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: about 15 minutes
Serving size: 1 pocket
Yield: 16 servings
¼ cup MagicalButter, plus 2 tablespoons for brushing pastry tops
1 cup organic cane sugar
¼ cup water
¼ cup cognac
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon organic all-purpose flour
1 puff-pastry sheet
1 large Granny Smith apple; peeled, cored, and sliced
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the MagicalButter.
3. Whisk in the flour to form a roux. Then, add the water, sugar, cognac, and brown sugar, and stir.
4. Bring the pot to a boil; then, reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer.
5. Add the Peeled and Chopped Granny Smith Apple then stir; followed by your Vanilla Bean Paste and Cinnamon.
6. Cut your puff-pastry sheet into 16 squares. Place 1 teaspoon of apple filling in the middle of the sheet, brush a light coating of egg wash on the corners, fold, and press to seal.
7. Brush the tops of each puff with MagicalButter, and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
8. Let your Apple Pie Pockets cool for 5 minutes. Serve, and enjoy!
DON’T BE LEFT IN THE.. UM.. SMOKE. JOIN US!
Subscribe for more HERB! http://youtube.com/herbvideo
For more , visit Herb.co: http://herb.co
Follow HERB on